Nutrition is about fueling your body, like you would your car. Have you considered the quality of the “fuel” you give your body on a regular basis? Do you make time to plan your meals and snacks or do you frequent the drive through?
Your fuel affects many things including your energy, mood and ability to function AND also the quality of the cells your body continually produce. It affects how fast or slow you heal or recover from an accident or injury.
The Canadian Chiropractic Association notes the “chiropractors are trained to provide dietary, nutritional, lifestyle and therapeutic exercise counseling to address specific patient complaint and to enhance overall health.”
Good nutrition is about nourishing your body from within, and reducing your risk of illness, injury and inflammation. There are many direct links between nutrition and recovery as well.
- Good nutrition supports injury rehabilitation – a diet rich in antioxidants and lean protein helps combat internal inflammation and provide your body with the building blocks for repairing cellular damage.
- Good nutrition can reduce back and other joint pain – extra weight places additional strain on the musculoskeletal system, losing weight through nutrition will relieve this extra pressure on the spine or joints and naturally reduce back pain.
- Good nutritioncan increase energy and reduce fatigue – processed foods, preservatives, and added sugars leave us feeling constantly exhausted, irritable, and fatigued. Simple dietary changes can make a significant difference for your overall health.]
Chiropractic is based on the premise that the body is able to achieve and maintain health through its own natural recuperative powers, provided it has a properly functioning nervous system and receives the necessary health maintenance components. These components include adequate nutrition, water, rest, exercise and clean air.
Fun food facts, did you know:
- A craving for sweets may be the result of a vitamin C deficiency.
- Greek yogurt is an excellent source of vitamin D.
- Fresh spinach can boost your immunity and reduce your risk of some cancers.
- Garlic is filled with powerful antioxidants and can improve your immune system.
You are welcome to talk to Dr. Dodie about your nutrition and how you can improve your health!